Sunday, April 24, 2011

Egg cake "pops"

Well I have made Cake Pops before, so yummy for thanksgiving...spice cake mix with cream cheese frosting dipped in chocolate! I decided to make some for easter...what shape to make? Eggs!! well i was being lazy and decided not to dip them just coat the top with chocolate, that created problem number 3, the cakes got a little soggy and they should really be fully dipped so you get crunch on the out side and soft center, it just ruined the whole thing. Problem number 1 was my cake was cooked! how is the bad? i let it brown a little to much so i had to really break it apart. problem number 2 was the icing i made to decorate with was runny!!!

Easter Cake "Pops" semi-fail
 So if you don't know how to make cake pops it is easy get a cake mix, frosting, and chocolate, in my case i use white chocolate

You cook the cake as directed on the package, when hot crumble the cake and mix in the container of frosting. After I mixed it i added the extra sprinkles, why not. Then form in a shape, like eggs. I freeze mine for an hour. Then dip in chocolate, I coated i don't recommend it.  

Coated eggs

Notice my running icing :( so sad, so ugly oh well they still taste good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment