Friday, October 21, 2011

Teddy Grahams and Goldfish go to the Beach

Can you guess what I made? 
CAKE POPS !!!
For those who have been left out of the craze, the basic recipe is one baked cake crumbled and mixed with frosting formed into balls and dipped into chocolate. I have been trying to perfect the Cake Pop, the dipping process is hard! I can never dip them right, so I heard the putting vegetable shortening helps and let me tell you it did!

These were for a work party and since we work in a beach city beach themed cake pops were created! and yes each teddy graham got a hot bikini. The "sand" is just some poor teddy grahams in a food processor with a teaspoon of pumpkin pie seasoning.


Not to long before make the beach cake pops I made a batch of birthday cake pops. Sadly there is no good photos but I hope these will be some chocolate ideas for you. I did the basic bake a chocolate mix with chocolate frosting. I then split the mixture into two parts, I mixed sprinkles into half and crushed oreos into the other half. To top it off the ones with crushed oreo in it I placed a mini oreo on the inside before shaping into balls, the cake pops we a little large. 

No comments:

Post a Comment